"Leaving a Legacy at Campbellsville University"
Founded in the 1980s, the Covenant Society was established to recognize and celebrate a special group of individuals who have included Campbellsville University in their estate plans. Since its inception, many alumni, parents, and friends have made Campbellsville a beneficiary of their estates. In accordance with the donors' intentions, these gifts have been used to support the mission of Campbellsville University.
For generations of alumni, Campbellsville University has been a meaningful part of their formative years.
The forethought of establishing a planned gift has a dramatic impact on CU and its students in the growth of our endowment. Please consider Campbellsville University in a meaningful way when you create or update your estate plan.
Qualifying for Membership
There are many ways in which you can qualify for membership in the Covenant Society. The following items are the most common:
- A documented bequest provision in your will or living trust
- A gift, which provides a life income to an individual of the owner's choice, and the remainder to Campbellsville University
- A charitable lead trust that provides income to Campbellsville University
- A gift of paid-up life insurance
- Purchasing a life insurance policy designating Campbellsville University as a full or partial beneficiary
- Designating Campbellsville University as a full or partial beneficiary of an IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other retirement plan
- A deferred gift of real estate, such as a second home or undeveloped land, tangible personal property, art, rare books, and coins.
By making a difference for Campbellsville University, these planned gifts provide tax savings and possibly additional income for you during your lifetime!
If you would like further information about the income and income tax-saving benefits of deferred planned gifts, or to inform Campbellsville University that you have already made the school a beneficiary in your estate plan please contact:
Director of Planned Giving
Direct Phone: 270.789.5061
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.